Friday, April 15, 2011

Reality is an Eye Opener

Over the years, I have had many wake up calls to where I understood that I might have problems but I never really dealt with it until recently when I realized that I was doing nothing but hurting the people around me. To admit that I have a problem with alcohol was probably the hardest thing I will ever have to admit in my life. I kept thinking to myself, what more could I possibly have to deal with? It is hard enough to deal with the deformities that I have and how society perceives me. It didn't help that I deceived a lot of people in my path of destruction. I lost a pretty solid job and a lot of ties that went with that job. Lesson learned and they tell you that everything happens for a reason, right? I wouldn't know. All I know is that today, I go day by day, sometimes I am stronger than the day before yesterday. 

The first step I am here to share is when you have a problem, be open and honest about it. You will get a lot further by following this. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jaime,

    My husband and I enjoyed meeting you yesterday and are happy you got home safely. We hope you are able to stay on a positive path and that you have family to support you along the way.

    All the best to you,

    Shanda & Deech

    ReplyDelete